2020-ASBPE-mailer-web-graphic_web

May 7-8, 2020

Pinstripes Chicago
435 E Illinois St
Chicago, Illinois  60611
United States

Welcome to the official page of B2B: The Path to Relevance and Revenue – ASBPE’s national conference and Azbee Awards of Excellence Banquet – the annual gathering of the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE).

Our 2020 conference will feature sessions packed with practical, actionable ideas for improving your publication, plus we’ll have a special focus on transitioning to a digital-first publishing strategy.

Click here to register for the conference!

General Sessions
2020 Keynote Address: Reimagining B2B
Sean Griffey, co-founder and CEO of Industry Dive, will discuss how he and his colleagues are redefining the world of B2B media with a company that publishes news and analysis for more than 8 million business executives across 19 different verticals.

How to Get Started With Video Storytelling
Speaker: Kelly Limpert, senior content marketing specialist at North Coast Media

Creating, and Living By, a Publication Ethics Policy
Speaker: Molly McDonough, owner, McDonough Media, and former editor and publisher of ABA Journal

AB5 and Beyond: Threats to the Independent Writer Business Model
Speaker: Milt Toby, President, American Society of Journalists and Authors

How to Add Podcasts to Your Editorial Mix
Speaker: Jim Montague, executive editor, Control

Panel Discussion: Recruiting, Onboarding and Training New Editors
Moderator: Betsy Edgerton, associate journalism professor, Columbia College

Digital-First Sessions
Not Just for Print: Digital-First and Editors’ Changing Roles
Speaker: Kevin Davis, Managing Editor, ABA Journal

Feeding the Digital-First Content Monster
Speaker: JD Solomon, owner, JDS Strategic Communications, and former editorial director of University Business and District Administration Magazines

Website Metrics: From Mystery to Mastery
Stephen Rynkiewicz, content marketing director for the Purpose Brand agency and former editor at American Bar Association and Chicago Tribune

Panel Discussion: Freelancing for Online Publications
Facilitator: Katie Pyzyk, veteran Chicago-based freelance writer

Group Workshop: Writing Headlines That Get Clicks
Participants will write headlines for a series of articles and then vote on which ones are best, using a crowd-sourcing platform called Thoughtexchange.

Conference hotel

Sheraton Grand Chicago
301 E. North Water St.
Chicago, Illinois  60611
(312) 464-1000

ASBPE has booked a block of rooms at the Sheraton Grand Chicago with a reduced group rate of $200/night, available for reservations from Tuesday, May 5, through Sunday, May 10. Reservations outside these dates will be at the Sheraton’s current available rate. Rooms must be reserved by April 14, 2020, in order to receive the group rate. The hotel offers a traditional king bedroom, or visitors can request to switch to a room with two beds based on availability. Hotel check-in is at 4 p.m. and check-out is at noon.

The hotel offers standard WiFi to all Marriott Bonvoy Rewards members; rewards should be provided during registration or check-in. Other amenities at the hotel include a business center, a fitness center, and an indoor heated pool. Some on-site dining options include Shula’s Steak House, Link@Sheraton Café, Chicago Burger Company, LB Bistro and Patisserie, and ChiBar.

Reserve your room before April 14, 2020!

While you’re in Chicago…

There are several neat attractions nearby to visit while you’re in Chicago, including Navy Pier, Millennium Park, and the Magnificent Mile. More than 160 restaurants and bars are all within a 10-minute walk of the hotel.

Transportation and parking

Chicago Midway International Airport is about 12.5 miles from the event, Chicago O’Hare International Airport is about 17.5 miles from the event, Grand/State CTA Station is about 0.6 miles from the event, Lake/State & Lake CTA Stations are about 0.7 miles from the event and Union Station is about 1.8 miles from the event.

Hotel parking costs $59 per night and valet costs $69 overnight. We recommend booking convenient and affordable parking in advance through SpotHero, the nation’s leading parking reservation app.

To reserve your parking spot for the ASBPE 2020 National Conference with up to 50% off drive-up costs, use our SpotHero widget below! Or download the SpotHero app, and search for parking near 435 E. Illinois St., Chicago, IL 60611.

Tags: ,