- Third Thursday happy hours continue on July 17! The chapters below will host happy hours at popular local restaurants and bars, allowing B2B editors, designers and freelancers the opportunity to meet, mingle and talk shop.
- ASBPE 2014 National Conference ASBPE 2014 National Conference
Grow your career to new heights at the 2014 ASBPE National Conference! At this one-and-a-half-day conference for business-to-business editors, writers, freelancers, and designers, you’ll have the opportunity to network with peers and learn from experts in our industry.
Friday July 25, 2014 at 8:00 AM CDT
Saturday July 26, 2014 at 12:00 PM CDT
- Northeast Region Azbee Night: June 24 Northeast Region Azbee Night: June 24
The evening of Tuesday, June 24th saw the presentation of ASBPE’s 2014 Northeastern Region Awards of Excellence. Find out who won!
View the winners!
Tuesday June 24, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM EDT
Dopo East Ristorante Italiano
345 East 62nd Street, between 1st and 2nd Ave.
New York, NY
Ginger Conlon, ...
- Hands-on video editing for beginners In a hands-on-follow-up to his well-received digital storytelling webinar for ASBPE in March, James Hopper will demonstrate how to edit video using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Best Practices In Digital Storytelling
Join us for a webcast March 11 at 3:00 pm ET to learn how you can engage your audience emotionally and enhance your content through the promising growth area of digital storytelling. Based on his 30 years of experience in video production, James Hopper, chair of web and digital communications at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, Kan., will ...
- Archived Webcast: Best Practices in Digital Storytelling for B2B Opportunities in digital storytelling — the marriage of storytelling and digital technology — are plentiful. An estimated 35,000 jobs related to digital storytelling are available in the Kansas City metro area alone. And this number is forecasted to increase by 15.2 percent in the next 10 years.
- Feb. 4 webcast: Low Budget Data Visualization Tools for B2B Pubs Join us for a Webinar on February 4
Sharon Machlis will share free and low-cost tools for creating data visualizations on the Web. Whether you’re a confident coder or don’t more than basic HTML or Excel, you should come away with ideas for software and services to bring your data to life.
Title: Low Budget Data Visualization ...
- Jan. 16 webcast: Producing Video on a Shoestring Download Slides from Webinar on January 16
More and more editors are using video to supplement their content. But video provides another advantage: the ability to bring interviewees from anywhere “together” without anyone having to travel.
In this webcast from Jan. 16, 2014, Rob Freedman, senior editor at Realtor magazine, examined how, by recording interviews over Skype ...
- Nov. 21 webcast: Producing video that people will actually watch Join ASBPE for a webcast November 21 about B2B publication video content and production.
- Oct. 23 webcast: Top 5 #Twitter tactics for @B2B media Hashtags, @ mentions, DMs and FFs – is it all Greek to you? Then join ASBPE for its webcast next Wednesday, Oct. 23rd at 1 p.m. ET.
- Sept. 19 webcast: Top 10 Facebook Dos and Don’ts for B2B Editors Archived webcast: Top 10 Facebook Dos and Don’ts for B2B Editors
Note: This is a members-only webcast. If you cannot see the video, please log in to your membership account. Not a member yet? Learn how you can join.
Speakers: Jessica Zemler, E-media editor, and Brendan Howard, Business and Team channel director, both with Advanstar Veterinary
Zemler and ...
- Free ASBPE webinar: Ratio analyses for investors and for investigations Free ASBPE webinar: Ratio analyses for investors and for investigations
Step back a moment from Wall Street and onto Main Street. Some basic financial ratios may not tell you much about a company’s stock price. But they can tell you plenty about a company’s financial health, its prospects for growth or for survival. Register now for ...
- Investigating a Company: The Long and the Short of It Free ASBPE webinar: Investigating a Company: The Long and the Short of It
Follow the money. In the wake of high-profile corporate scandals, such as Peregrine Financial, Solyndra, and myriad banks, and the resulting Congressional actions to address them, getting to the bottom of a balance sheet and other company reports is an indispensable part of ...
- Attend the first-ever virtual roundtable on B2B ethics Register now for the ASBPE’s June 12 virtual roundtable on B2B ethics.
When: June 12, 2013Choose a session time: > 10-11 a.m. ET > 1-2 p.m. ET > 4-5 p.m. ETWhere: Your phone! Conference call number provided after you register
Are your publication front covers immune from ad schemes? Are attempts to disguise digital ads as ...
- Webcast: Financial Modeling Tools for B2B Journalists Register now for ASBPE’s March 28 webcast: Financial Modeling Tools for B2B Journalists
Insights, best practices and benefits of financial modeling tools that can give you and your B2B publication a competitive edge
Financial models, mathematical tools used to estimate the outcome of financial decisions before the committing of funds, are no longer the exclusive domain of ...
- ASBPE YLS Winners Detail Their Career-Enhancing Moves During Webinar By Warren Hersch, ASBPE immediate past president
What factors should you consider when designing your ideal position? How do you make yourself invaluable as a B2B editor at your company? Why must you become a subject matter expert?
Answers to these questions, among many others, were forthcoming during ASBPE’s Aug. 29 webcast, “How to Succeed in the ...
- ASBPE To Present Webinar on Taking Your B2B Publication to the Next Level The Webinar, Taking Your B2B Publication to the Next Level, will be held on March 14, 2012 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. EST.
Sign up for this timely March 14 webinar to learn about best practices from top editors of two B2B publications that won several prestigious Azbee awards in 2011
Packed with real-world examples, this webcast ...
- Past ASBPE Webinars: 2006-2011 Past ASBPE Webinars: 2006-2011
- B2B Ethical Struggles and Solutions in a New-Media Era B2B Ethical Struggles and Solutions in a New-Media Era
- Bridging the Digital Skills Training Gap Four of five “senior-level” editors who answered the recent ASBPE/Medill Survey on Digital Skills & Strategies had one day or less of corporate-sponsored digital training in 2009.
What are the implications? How can we overcome the problem?
Join ASBPE’s next webinar on Thursday, June 3, to learn about the research and about what you can do to ...
- Revised Mind Set Needed to Cope with Editorial Job Demands By Howard Rauch
Discussions about today’s editorial workload dilemma usually focus on how we split our time percentagewise between online and print. I followed the same line of thinking while creating an editorial performance survey for an upcoming ASBPE webinar. But early input via initial telephone brainstorming sessions with survey respondents suggests the need for another ...
- Don’t Miss Chance to Obtain Useful Input on Editorial Performance By Howard Rauch
How to deal more effectively with mounting print/digital workloads will be my focus during an ASBPE June 17 webinar.
In advance, I invited all concerned editors to complete a questionnaire outlining their current responsibilities. Respondents were asked to focus primarily on their online workloads. They were challenged to identify their most time-consuming ...
- Webinar: Ten Trends that Could Make (or Break) Our Editorial Careers Today’s editors are in a rare position: We have the chance to help shape a new media platform. Among other things, that means we ll have to work to retain journalistic standards, even as we create a new type of media presence. And of course, we ll have to learn to put aside our assumptions ...
- Professional Development Made Easy: Webinars ASBPE has an exciting slate of webinars scheduled for the first half of 2010.
TODAY: March 29 @ 12:30 to 1:30 EST: Why B2B Publications Are So Bad at Marketing (and how to fix it). Speaker: Joe Pulizzi of Junta42.
April 29 @ 12:30 to 1:30 EST: Ten Trends that Could Make (Or Break) Our Editorial Careers. ...
- Webinar: B2B Marketing featuring Joe Pulizzi Why B2B Publishers Are So Bad at Marketing (and how to fix it)
In the past, B2B publishers relied on a fairly reliable marketing arsenal to attract readers and advertisers:
online resource center
But many are finding that these methods aren’t working anymore.
To standout from the crowd, it’s more important than ever to position ...
- Web Video Editing: How-To Basics for B2B Editors B2B editors are increasingly getting into Web video. Here’s a detailed, step-by-step walk-through to help you get a vivid picture of the editing process from a fellow B2B editor who today produces and edits some 40 videos a year. Other aspects of the video process will be covered but the focus is on editing with ...
- Drive Website Traffic, Boost Readership Learn how to use online communities, social networks, and search engine optimization to increase readership, in print as well as online.
Save the date Thursday, Sept. 24 to join ASBPE and explore how to harness Web 2.0 to spread the word about your brand and content. Hear from a panel of digital content experts who will ...
- Social Media Can Make You More Efficient by Martha SpizziriASBPE Web Editor
Even some B2B editors who were initially skeptical about social media sites are finding, to their own surprise, that they can be useful even for niche publications like the ones we serve. The problem is, keeping up with all of them can eat up a lot of time.
Well, here’s a surprise: ...
- Getting Your Market’s Economic Scoop in Tough Times Date: Friday, March 27Time: 1:00 p.m. Eastern timeDuration: 60 minutes
Business-to-business editors generally are skilled at covering day-to-day happenings in their industries. But their reporting often falls short when exploring the effects of an economic downturn and the measures that business undertake to deal with the resulting squeeze on their balance sheets. In this webinar, ...
- Upcoming Webinar on Getting Your Market’s Economic Scoop in Tough Times WHAT: Getting Your Market’s Economic Scoop in Tough Times
WHEN: Friday, March 27, 1:00 p.m., 60 minutes
WHO: Panelists Roy Harris, senior editor, CFO, and Steve Ross, editor, Broadband Properties, will examine how editors can cover the current economy in their publications. Attendees will learn:
what questions ought to be asked of sources,
how to analyze their ...
- Highlights from New-Media Webinar By Martha SpizziriASBPE Web Editor
“Anyone can launch a media brand. The time is right now, especially because buying behavior has changed.” That’s the judgment of Joe Pulizzi, who copresented the ASBPE webinar “A B2B Journalist’s Guide to Creating the Next New-Media Resource” on Monday.
Pulizzi is founder and chief content officer of the content-marketing ...
- A B2B Journalist’s Guide to Creating the Next New-Media Resource
On Nov. 17, Harry McCracken and Joe Pulizzi will give advice on launching a successful new-media venture. Read posts by and about McCracken and Pulizzi on the ASBPE National Blog.
Date: Monday, Nov. 17Time: 1 pm Eastern timeDuration: 60 minutes
The advent of the Internet has made it easier and less costly than ever for writers ...
- June 26 Webinar: Help Readers Deal With Environmental Issues Chances are your readers are rethinking how they do business to minimize their industry’s environmental impact. Companies’ heightened awareness of environmental issues — especially climate change — is impacting editorial coverage and priorities, including the allocation of staff resources.
You’ll get some good ideas about how to cover these issues by attending ASBPE’s next webinar, The ...
- Upcoming Journalism Training By Martha SpizziriASBPE Web Editor
It’s right around the corner, but there’s still time to register for Media Bistro’s online course Reinventing Print Content for the Web. The class, which starts Monday, June 2, is aimed specifically at magazine writers and editors. You may be able to register even after the official start date; you’ll ...
- March 21 Webinar: Taking Your Webcasts to the Next Level Webcasts can boost readership and ad dollars and raise brand awareness, learn how B2B publications are gaining a competitive edge through webinars.
Find out what it takes to successfully produce compelling — and profitable — webinars for your trade magazine. Join the American Society of Business Publication Editors for a webinar on Friday, March 21, to ...
- Using ASBPE’s New Online Entry System for Azbee Awards Learn How to Save Time and Money by Submitting Your Competition Entries Online!
The deadline for the 2008 Azbee Awards is Feb. 15, 2008. The 2008 competition is for material published in 2007. This year, ASBPE created the ability to submit your entries online, meaning not having to spend time packaging three copies of each ...
- Boston/New England Third Thursdays Are Back! We’ve resumed our monthly summer series of networking happy hours.
Join us to talk shop and meet other business-to-business media pros. We’ll be asking attendees to tweet on suggested topics with the #asbpe hashtag, and we’ll give away gift cards for the best tweets. ASBPE national will give ...
- Crafting Content That Travels: DC Chapter Event Reaching target audiences online requires more than a strategic social media plan.
- Transforming B2B Journalism Into Interactive Storytelling New York Chapter event on April 24: Transforming B2B Journalism Into Interactive Storytelling
News and features may still be the core of your content, but the written word is now just one way to present them. B2B journalism today, and going ...
- Save the date! Happy Editors’ Hour — a networking event for Chicago-area B2B journalists SAVE THE DATE: Happy Editors’ Hour! — a networking event for Chicago-area B2B journalists
ASBPE’s Chicago Chapter invites you to join us for our winter networking event. Enjoy complimentary heavy appetizers and a cash bar while mingling with fellow writers and ...
- Back to the Future: Editorial Strategies for 2013 and Beyond Back to the Future: Editorial Strategies for 2013 and Beyond
Publishing today is multiplatform and multichannel, and editors need to be at the helm of it all. Join ASBPE-NY for a half-day bootcamp on such pressing topics as app development, video ...
- Join us for October Third Thursday Happy Hour Join us for October Third Thursday Happy Hour
After a break in September, ASBPE Boston will continue Third Thursdays happy hours again in October. Third Thursdays are a great way for editors and designers to network and have some fun, too.