Upcoming Events & Deadlines
Mar. 11, 3 p.m. EST: Best Practices in Digital Storytelling for B2B
Apr. 2, 5:30-7:30 p.m. EST: Transforming B2B Journalism Into Interactive Storytelling
Congrats to the National Azbee Awards of Excellence winners, who were honored at the 2013 ASBPE National Conference and Awards banquet.
View our Flickr Photo Stream of the conference, including sessions, banquets and honored attendees!
ASBPE presented its 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award to Julia Homer, former founding editor of CFO magazine, who spoke at the event. In addition, the Stephen Barr Award for feature writing was presented to Inc. Magazine senior writer Burt Helm. Helm’s winning story in the November 2012 Inc., “After the Squeeze,” examined the causes and effects of a bank-lending drought that has disproportionately hit the small-business people who are the publication’s main audience.
Congratulations to our 2013 ASBPE Young Leader Scholarship winners, who will all receive a one-year membership to ASBPE, free registration to the conference and awards banquet, and a two-night hotel stay in Chicago. This year’s winners are:
- Ashley Barforoush of Advanstar Communications,
- Kathie Zipp of Solar Power World Online and
- Kristin Bent of CRN.
As an ASBPE member in 2013, you will enjoy discounts to educational and networking events, free Webinar registrations until the early bird deadline, and a discount on entries to the Azbees awards competition. Join now or renew your membership to take advantage of these and other benefits. Membership is only $75 for full-time editors, writers and designers and $50 for freelancers.
Do you have a native ad ethics policy in place yet? Learn how other B2B editors are addressing key concerns.
Get advice from ASBPE’s new ethics newsletter.
The quarterly Ethics News Updates e-newsletter provides in-depth analysis of ethical trends and problems facing the B2B publishing industry.
Read Ethics News Updates now.
Ethics Advisory: Proactive marketing effort is editor’s best response when publisher seeks to increase ad/editorial swaps
Advertiser pressure for more editorial tie-ins continues to be the dominant ethical issue editors confront. A nervous publisher coping with ad sales slippage may attempt to trample editorial colleagues.
- Save the date: 2014 ASBPE National Conference ASBPE’s 2014 National Editorial Conference will take place July 24-25. The gathering ...
- Transforming B2B Journalism Into Interactive Storytelling
- Call For Nominees: 2014 ASBPE Young Leaders Scholarship The ASBPE Young Leaders Scholarship has been created to foster interest in ...
- Best Practices in Digital Storytelling for B2B Webinar Opportunities in digital storytelling — the marriage of storytelling and digital technology ...
- Digital Content Manager – Putman Media Do you have experience building traffic, growing an online audience ...
- Technical Editor/Writer, M2 Media M2 Media seeks a part-time or freelance editor/writer to work ...
- Freelance Editorial Copywriter – Wall Street Daily, Agora, Inc. Agora, Inc. is an international newsletter-publishing operation focused on travel, ...