Upcoming Events & Education
July 25-26: 2014 ASBPE National Conference
April 22: Hands-on video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
View all Third Thursday dates and info here!
May 15: Social media stories—how to get your article to go viral
Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Kansas City, New York
June 19: Your biggest “oops” moment in publishing—what was it?
Boston, Cleveland, New York, Washington D.C.
July 17: General social media best practices
Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Kansas City, New York, Washington D.C.
August 21: What’s the worst pitch you’ve ever received?
Boston, Cleveland, Kansas City, New York, Washington D.C.
Congrats to the National Azbee Awards of Excellence winners, who were honored at the 2013 ASBPE National Conference and Awards banquet.
View our Flickr Photo Stream of the conference, including sessions, banquets and honored attendees!
ASBPE presented its 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award to Julia Homer, former founding editor of CFO magazine, who spoke at the event. In addition, the Stephen Barr Award for feature writing was presented to Inc. Magazine senior writer Burt Helm. Helm’s winning story in the November 2012 Inc., “After the Squeeze,” examined the causes and effects of a bank-lending drought that has disproportionately hit the small-business people who are the publication’s main audience.
Congratulations to our 2013 ASBPE Young Leader Scholarship winners, who will all receive a one-year membership to ASBPE, free registration to the conference and awards banquet, and a two-night hotel stay in Chicago. This year’s winners are:
- Ashley Barforoush of Advanstar Communications,
- Kathie Zipp of Solar Power World Online and
- Kristin Bent of CRN.
Is native advertising a reality for you yet? If so, please send copies of current ads plus any comments you may have for inclusion in an Ethics News Updates special report to us via LinkedIn. (Login required.)
Get advice from ASBPE’s new ethics newsletter.
The quarterly Ethics News Updates e-newsletter provides in-depth analysis of ethical trends and problems facing the B2B publishing industry.
Read Ethics News Updates now.
Ethics Advisory: Proactive marketing effort is editor’s best response when publisher seeks to increase ad/editorial swaps
Advertiser pressure for more editorial tie-ins continues to be the dominant ethical issue editors confront. A nervous publisher coping with ad sales slippage may attempt to trample editorial colleagues.
As an ASBPE member in 2013, you will enjoy discounts to educational and networking events, free Webinar registrations until the early bird deadline, and a discount on entries to the Azbees awards competition. Join now or renew your membership to take advantage of these and other benefits. Membership is only $75 for full-time editors, writers and designers and $50 for freelancers.
- Next B2B Ethics Virtual Round Table focuses on impact of crumbled wall between editorial and sales teams Next B2B Ethics Virtual Round Table focuses on impact of crumbled wall ...
- Hands-on video editing for beginners In a hands-on-follow-up to his well-received digital storytelling webinar for ASBPE in ...
- Transforming B2B Journalism Into Interactive Storytelling New York Chapter event on April 24: Transforming B2B Journalism Into Interactive ...
- Join ASBPE-Kansas City: Annual State of the B2B Publishing Industry luncheon on April 2 Join ASBPE-Kansas City: Annual State of the B2B Publishing Industry luncheon on ...
- Digital Content Editor – Putman Media Putman Media is looking for a Digital Content Editor who ...
- Investment Communications Editor – PNC As an Editor within Investment Strategy & Services (“IS&S”), a ...
- Digital Editor Intern – Putman Media Putman Media, a privately held B2B media firm, has an ...