- ASBPE announces 2016 Azbee Awards of Excellence finalists ASBPE congratulates all the finalists of the Azbee Awards of Excellence competition! This year more than 1,150 entries were received and more than 90 experienced B2B editors and designers assisted with judging the more than 75 categories of entries. The Azbees honor the best in business-to-business media, recognizing outstanding work by B2B, trade, association and professional ...
- Upper Midwest Regional Azbee Banquet Upper Midwest Regional Azbee Banquet Join ASBPE at the Upper Midwest Regional Azbee Banquet as we recognize the best in B2B editorial and design in the region on Wednesday, June 29th. When: Wednesday June 29, 2016 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM CDT Where: Maggiano’s Little Italy 516 N. Clark Street Chicago, IL 60654 Cost: $75 members $85 non-members Fee includes hors d’Oeuvres, three-course dinner and ...
- Abe Peck on Navigating the New Editorial Environment In an era where long-time B2B publishers have rebranded as data and information companies, how has the role of the B2B editor changed?
- ASBPE 2016 National Conference & Azbee Awards Banquet Join ASBPE at Poynter and change the way you think about your audience, your revenue and your B2B publication. We’re bringing together the best of Poynter and ASPBE in this year’s ASBPE national conference and Azbee Awards Banquet, July 21-22. Expert teachers and industry leaders will take you beyond the basics to the strategies and techniques that ...
- Chicago Chapter Event: Spring Bootcamp Join the Chicago chapter April 22nd for a morning of networking and three one-hour educational sessions on the most pressing issues in B2B today. 8:30 am – Registration & Breakfast 9:00-9:50 am – How Editors Can Navigate the New B2B Paradigm Abe Peck, Senior Director, Media Management Center, Medill School of Journalism, Northwestern University In an era where long-time ...
- An exciting year ahead for ASBPE: Letter from the president To my ASBPE friends and colleagues across the country, Wow! Is it really only the middle of January? We’ve had so much going on with ASBPE so far this year that it seems like more of 2016 has already passed. But it’s all good — promise. So please bear with me for just a few minutes ...
- American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) to Relocate to Poynter Institute as Part of New Partnership Poynter to provide management of annual ASBPE awards, membership, events and more PETERSBURG, Fla. (Dec. 17, 2015) – The American Society of Business Publication Editors announced today it will relocate its base of operations to The Poynter Institute, which also will provide comprehensive management services to the 51-year-old association. As part of the agreement, Poynter will provide ...
- Chicago Chapter Holiday Party Join ASBPE Chicago for our annual Holiday Party and winter networking event on December 9th. Enjoy mingling with fellow B2B editors, designers and writers while viewing some of the year’s best B2B journalism. Selected articles, e-newsletters and art from 2015 Azbee award winners will be displayed. Complimentary appetizers will be served, and a cash bar will ...
- 2015 ASBPE Awards of Excellence Azbee Awards – Upper Midwest Region The Chicago chapter of ASBPE hosted the 2015 Upper Midwest Region Azbee Awards luncheon on Friday, July 17 in Rosemont, IL.
- Native Advertising Webinar Recap EditorialCalendar.net has written up a recap of a recent ASBPE webinar on native advertising. Members can view the archived webcast here. Can business publications run native advertisinq without forfeiting their integrity? Three editors addressed that question in a recent webinar titled “The Rise of Native Content: How to Make it Work for Your B2B Publication Without ...
- ASBPE Chicago Spring Workshop – Interactive Roundtable: The Changing & Future Role of B2B Editors You’re invited to participate in an interactive roundtable networking event to discuss the changing and future role of B2B journalism on Thursday, April 23. Join current and future B2B editors, reporters, designers and freelancers in a facilitated discussion exploring: In a world of data journalists, videocasting, webinars, infographics and more, is the role of the traditional ...
- ASBPE Chicago Chapter Winter Networking Join ASBPE Chicago for our annual winter networking event. Enjoy complimentary appetizers and a cash bar while mingling with your fellow B2B editors, designers, writers and others. Mark your calendar for: Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:30-7:30 PM Pearl Tavern 180 Wacker Dr., Chicago Join us! Pre-registration appreciated by not required Members and non-members welcome Please feel free to invite and forward this to colleagues
- Archived three-part webinar series: Multimedia storytelling for journalists Learn to create compelling multimedia content over lunch, using nothing more than your smartphone or tablet. Think it’s impossible or too difficult? Think again. In ASBPE’s three-part webcast series on multimedia storytelling, you’ll learn how from Sarah Redohl, managing editor of Columbia Business Times, an Azbee Award-winning publication that won the 2014 Gold Award for visual ...
- Archived webcast: Connect with more B2B readers using easy, everyday web tips On Nov. 19, 2014 ASBPE hosted an hour-long webcast — the first in its new monthly webcast series! In this webcast, which is now archived and available for free to ASBPE members, you’ll learn how to use SEO for editorial topic selection, see how to use free keyword research tools like Google AdWords, investigate where to ...
- Third Thursday happy hours continue on Aug 21! The chapters below will host happy hours at popular local restaurants and bars, allowing B2B editors, designers and freelancers the opportunity to meet, mingle and talk shop.
- Upper Midwest Region Azbee Night: July 24 Save the evening of Tuesday, June 24th for the presentation of ASBPE’s 2014 Northeastern Region Awards of Excellence. We’ll see the winning entries, give out the awards, and hear the story behind the story about two award-winning articles. When Thursday July 24, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM CDT Add to Calendar Where Allegro Hotel Chicago 171 W Randolph St. Chicago, ...
- Director of Digital Content and Audience Development – Putman Media Director of Digital Content and Audience Development – Putman Media Putman Media in Schaumburg, IL is looking for a digital media specialist with the know-how and drive necessary to 1) build the total audience for our website, newsletters and related products, and 2) increase the number of members who are most “engaged” with the site — ...
- Editorial Intern (Part-Time) – Putman Media Putman Media, a privately held B2B media firm in Schaumburg, IL, has an opportunity for a part-time INTERN within our editorial team.
- Digital Content Editor – Putman Media Putman Media is looking for a Digital Content Editor who will be the key web editor for ControlDesign.com and lead the charge to make this site the preferred destination for its community.
- Digital Editor Intern – Putman Media Putman Media, a privately held B2B media firm, has an opportunity for a part-time intern within our editorial team.
- Digital Content Manager – Putman Media Do you have experience building traffic, growing an online audience and possess a working knowledge of HTML? Do you want to work for a company that knows how to have fun while growing the business? If you are a creative thinker who can decipher key industry trends and translate them into actionable digital content, please ...
- Save the date! Happy Editors’ Hour — a networking event for Chicago-area B2B journalists SAVE THE DATE: Happy Editors’ Hour! — a networking event for Chicago-area B2B journalists ASBPE’s Chicago Chapter invites you to join us for our winter networking event. Enjoy complimentary heavy appetizers and a cash bar while mingling with fellow writers and editors. When: Thursday, Feb. 27, 5:30-8 p.m. Where: Dylan’s Tavern & Grill, 118 S. Clinton St., Chicago ...
- Ann Wylie Writing Workshop: Chicago, Dec. 11, 2013 Ann Wylie Writing Workshop Do your team members need to write better copy, faster? Reach more readers? Come up with more creative ideas? Perhaps I can help. I’m a Gold Quill Award-winning communicator whose workshops take me from Hollywood to Helsinki. There, I help communicators at such organizations as NASA, Nike and Nokia polish their skills and find ...
- Join the ASBPE Chicago Chapter for a THIRD THURSDAY event! Join the ASBPE Chicago Chapter for a THIRD THURSDAY event! This month, the Chicago chapter of the ASBPE is participating in the Third Thursdays— a new way for to network and learn with colleagues in your area. Enjoy complimentary appetizers and a cash bar while mingling with your fellow B2B editors! Attendees are encouraged to tweet the ...
- Winners! ASBPE 2013 Midwest/South Region Awards Winners! ASBPE 2013 Midwest/South Region Awards Following the recent ASBPE Award Banquet in Chicago, you can download a list of the winners for the Midwest/South Region awards (25K PDF). Regional gold winners are listed below, but please download the full document to see all winners in all categories. Click here to view a list of the ...
- GET TO THE GROTTO for the ASBPE Midwest-South 2013 Azbee Awards! GET TO THE GROTTO for the ASBPE Midwest-South 2013 Azbee Awards! This year, we are forgoing our traditional sit-and-be-served dinner and hosting an ASBPE Midwest-South Regional Azbee Awards evening to remember! The event will include a hearty selection of hot and cold Italian appetizers, pasta bar, carving station and decadent desserts … not to mention recognition ...
- Join us for the ASBPE Chicago Chapter’s Spring Social! End your workday with a happy hour or two, courtesy of the ASBPE’s Chicago Chapter. Spend the evening enjoying riverfront scenery, adult beverages (one ticket per attendee, then cash bar) and heavy appetizers (complimentary), while meeting and mingling with old colleagues and new acquaintances. The event also will include raffle drawings for prizes. When: Thursday, May 23, ...
- ASBPE Chicago Chapter’s 2012 Fall Workshop And the AZBEE Goes To … Award-Winning Editorial Strategies from ASBPE’s Finest Please note date change: New date is Nov. 16. This fall, the Chicago Chapter of ASBPE will be hosting a half-day workshop featuring insights and examples from winners of this year’s Azbee Awards, including Magazine of the Year Music Inc. The event will address editorial and ...
- 2012 AZBEE Award Winners Celebrate During ‘Evening in Italy’ in Chicago Between plates of pasta and slices of cheesecake, members of the Midwest-South Region of the ASBPE spent an “Evening in Italy” celebrating its own 2012 Azbee Awards of Excellence winners in late July at Tutto Italiano Ristorante in downtown Chicago. The awards were distributed by Chicago chapter President Deborah Cassell, Vice President Zach Phillips and ...
- ASBPE Hosts Digital Bootcamp in Chicago ASBPE Hosts Spring Bootcamp in Chicago The Chicago chapter of ASBPE recently hosted its first Digital Bootcamp at Columbia College in Chicago. Storified by ASBPE · Wed, May 16 2012 16:29:57 The event, entitled “The Rules of Engagement” covered topics such as digital ethics, digital issues and ...
- ASBPE In Search of Social Media Success Stories Did your video series go viral? Was your Tweet one of the few heard around the world? Have you found a freelance assignment because of your branded page on Facebook? Then ASBPE wants to hear from you. The Chicago chapter is looking for social media success stories for its upcoming Digital Boot Camp on April 20. ...
- Chicago Chapter to Host Innagural Boot Camp April 20 The Chicago chapter of ASBPE will be host to the association’s first Boot Camp. The session will be held Friday, April 20 at Columbia College in downtown Chicago.
- Chicago ASBPE Chapter to Host Career Improvement Workshop October 1 The Chicago Chapter of ASBPE will be hosting an All-Day Workshop on October 1. The workshop will focus on how editors can position themselves to be more marketable in their careers. Marketing Yourself (The Editor/Journalist as Entrepreneur)Learn how to market yourself as a journalist during this full-day session featuring speakers who have built themselves into their ...
Business editors and writers now have a local organization geared specifically to their needs. The Chicago chapter of the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) meets every month.
- Regular membership in ASBPE is open to editors and writers who work for business, professional, trade, and association/society publications, including freelance writers.
- Affiliate membership is open to any individual or supplier who offers products or services to regular members and/or their publishing organizations.
For more information on membership, click here.
Managing Editor, Custom Publications
Hospitals & Health Networks
1501 E. Woodfield Rd., Suite 400N
Schaumburg IL 60173
(630) 467 – 1301, x 465
Executive editor, Control
Mary Ellen Shoup
150 North Upper Wacker Drive, Suite 1425
Correspondent, William Reed Business Media
|Tina Grady Barbaccia,
Writer/Editor and Social Media Consultant
|Elizabeth (Betsy) Edgerton
513 S. Humphrey Ave., Oak Park IL 60304
Associate chair and associate professor
Journalism, Communication and Media Innovation Department
Return to the ASBPE Chapters Page